The headquarters of the Centro Naval, a club founded by young naval officers in 1882, was designed by the architects Gaston Louis Mallet, originally from France, and Jacques Dumant, from Switzerland. The building is an excellent example of the Beaux-Arts style in Buenos Aires.
The building has an eclectic facade with an art nouveau entrance that utilises iron and bronze made from melted down canons that were used in Argentina's battle for independence. The sumptuous interiors show a marked Belle Époque influence.
See other highlights of the Retiro neighbourhood.