This imposing 1949 neoclassical building is the home of the University of Buenos Aires faculty of law.
The monumental 40,000m2 building has a Doric style with little ornamentation and houses a museum, picture gallery, and specialist library. The main auditorium features an impressive large oil painting by Antonio González Moreno depicting the university's opening ceremony. The faculty was founded in 1821 by Dr. Antonio Sáenz.
See more highlights of the Recoleta neighbourhood.