The Cabildo de Buenos Aires was the site of Spain's colonial administration in the city. Originally constructed from adobe and thatch in 1580, the current building was constructed over the second half of the 18th century, witnessed the Argentine Revolution in 1810, and served as an important administrative building during the first century of Argentine independence.
The building now houses the National Museum of the Cabildo and the May Revolution, and displays original artefacts and documents as well as interactive exhibits on the Spanish colonial era, the British invasions of 1806 and 1807, and the early days of independence. The museum was renovated in 2016, and now includes access to the former jail and more historic documents.
Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays: 10.30am - 5pm.
Thursdays: 10.30am - 8pm.
Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays: 10.30am - 6pm.
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, at 3.30pm. (Thursdays also at 6pm)
Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays at 11am, 12.30pm, 2pm, 3.30pm and 4.45pm.
January and February at 11.30am.