The museum at the central headquarters of the Automóvil Club Argentino displays relics that pay tribute to the pioneers and driving lights in both sporting and tourist motoring in Argentina.
Its collection includes a 1892 Daimler and the Ferrari 166 used by Argentine racer Juan Manuel Fangio in the international racing seasons of 1949 and 1950. There's also a 1903 Peugeot with a single cylinder engine and a Krieger electric vehicle from 1898, and even a popemobile from the visit of John Paul II in 1982, among other vehicles.
Displays on the museum's walls show photographs and other documents related to the history of the club itself and motoring in Argentina in general, including the number plate for the first car to drive on Argentine roads - licence plate number 1, which belonged to Dalmiro Varela Castex, founder of the Automóvil Club Argentino
See more attractions in Recoleta.