DON PEDRO DE MENDOZA AV. 1821
Facing the Riachuelo river, the colourful Teatro de la Ribera was donated to the city by local artist Quinquela Martín and displays murals by the artist in the main entrance hall. Opened in 1971, its style replicates the colourful tenement homes in the neighbourhood. The theatre has capacity for 700 people and offers multidisciplinary activities, from independent theatre productions to children's shows, photography exhibitions and tango shows - many of which are free or very cheap.