RAMOS MEJIA, JOSE MARIA, DR. AV. 1303
The city's main central train station, Retiro was designed by British architects and engineers in around 1908 and was inaugurated in 1915. The materials used in the construction were brought from the United Kingdom piece by piece.
The style of the station is typical of the big train stations of the 19th century, with a grand central hall, cafes, and French Academic influences. The impressive iron structure that covers the platforms was one of the largest in the world at the time.
The station has recently been restored. The city's main coach station for long distance road transport is also located in the area.