As of March 20, 2020 and by Decree 297/20, Argentina started a period of social, preventive and obligatory isolation.
What does this mean?
This means that it is not allowed to leave your home or accommodation in the city except to provide yourself with essential items, such as food, cleaning supplies and medicines.
If you do not comply with these rules, you are acting against the law.
Therefore, all activities that are not related to health services, emergencies and the provision of essential items are suspended. Among them, the following services and spaces are affected:
- Tourist Bus.
- Tourist Assistance Centers.
- Guided tours.
- Massive events.
- Sporting events.
- City museums.
- Cinemas and theatres.
- Bars and restaurants.
What services can you still have access to?
- Food delivery.
- Purchase of food, cleaning supplies and emergency medicines.
- Home-supply stores.
- Withdrawal of money from ATMs or cashback points.
How do you prevent COVID-19?
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or alcohol gel.
- Avoid touching your face with your hands.
- When coughing, cover your mouth and nose with your elbow.
- Using water and bleach to wash frequently-used surfaces.
What are the symptoms?
- Sore throat.
- Shortness of breath.
If you have travelled to a country where the virus circulates or have had contact with someone who is ill, you must remain in complete isolation for 14 days. And if you also have any of the symptoms, call free of charge to 107.