This legendary cafe is located on a spot of historic importance to the second founding of Buenos Aires. It opened its doors in 1920 and became one of the cafes of choice for students of the nearby Colegio Nacional.
Like many cafes, it was forced to close in the 1980s, but it reopened in 1992 following restoration work that managed to preserve the original decor. The interior has high ceilings, columns, dark boiserie and other classic details. It's popular for business lunches during the day, and in the evening offers dinners with tango performances.